Sunday, March 15, 2009

Little Mouse, Little Mouse

Carolyn will be one month old on Tuesday. My God, where has the time gone?! She's such a cool little lady and I feel so blessed to be her Mommy. Admittedly, there are times when she's a bit of a challenge... She refuses to be put down and she goes through spurts where she wants to nurse every 20 minutes. But I just take a deep breath and kiss her little head and the frustration passes.

We are, however, making progress: The fact that I'm getting to type this with two hands is HUGE. She's currently asleep, on her back (shock and awe!!) partially on me and partially on her Boppy pillow. She nurses like a champ now. That's part of the reason why I don't get annoyed when she wants to nurse so often. We went through so much to get the hang of nursing that I can't complain when that's all she wants to do.

She loves to play!!! She smiles and coo's and makes faces and flails her arms with such pure glee that it could make you cry. It's so great! She's also really liking her Fisher Price Rain forest Tummy Time Gym. There's a mirror hanging from the giraffe's mouth and she gets transfixed looking at her own face.

And she loves loves loves bath time. Sitting in warm water is a huge hit with this kid. Granted, we have to start out with a small amount of water b/c she always pees as soon as her tushy hits the water. So, we drain the pee-water out and get fresh bath water and let her have her fun.

She has her one month doctor appointment tomorrow. Chris and I have to get more shots. This time around we're getting out DPT boosters. Last appointment we got our flu shots. I'm curious to see how much she's grown. This kid can drain a boobie, and suck down a bottle like no one's business. So, I'm sure she's becoming a super-chunk!!!

She must have sensed me typing boobie. She's starting to wake up for her feeding. Argh, she's so cute I can't stand it!!!!

No comments: