Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!

Carolyn had her first official appointment with her Pediatrician yesterday morning. *drum-roll please* Her jaundice levels are officially under control!!!!!!!! Her Dr. said he wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't dropped drastically between Sunday and Monday. She doesn't have to go back to the hospital for any more nasty heel-sticks. He said she's a perfect, healthy, beautiful little girl. (Not that I needed confirmation on the beautiful part).

She had her first sponge bath at home last night. She was not a happy camper and showed her angst by peeing all over her Mommy and Daddy. Once she was all wrapped up in her Bunny-Princess hooded towel all was right in her little world.

I know I've promised pictures. And I WILL post them. It's just been hard with all of the new things going on at home.

She had her first outing today. We took her to Toys R Us with us to buy a few baby items. I wore her in my Sleepy Time baby wrap and she loved it!!! She slept like a champion the whole time. Her Mommy loved it because I could use both hands to shop.

And now, I'm off to finish my breakfast (at noon) and hopefully grab a shower. Ahh, the simple joys in life.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That's great news!

I think little Carolyn needs a little KU Jayhawk T-shirt of her own. :-p

Jen said...

Awww! My dad said that when I was born I had jaundice so bad that I had to stay in the hospital for a week... and that was so incredibly crushing to him. Being so happy to have this new little angel baby girl.. and having to come home to an empty nursery. Thankfully times have changed and you were able to bring her home.
Sleepy time baby wrap?? I'm intrigued! I know I'd like to use a Baby Bjorn... but I don't know if newborns can sit in them properly. More research for me! Perhaps a wrap is a good idea!