Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holy Crapwinkies!

My girlfriend, Morgan, came over on Saturday to hang out and chat. I have to say, I love love love Morgan! I was in my pj's the whole time, worked on baby projects, and chatted with her. There was no obligation to 'do something' or go anywhere. My only complaint as the time went so incredibly fast that it was time for her to go home and make dinner before we knew it!!! So, we were talking about the baby, etc and I said something to the effect of "I'll be 30 weeks pregnant on Monday which means she could be here in 5 weeks and not have to go to the NICU right after she's born." I kind of trailed off mid-sentence and Morgan started laughing, "It just hit you that you're actually having a baby, didn't it?!!" She was right. I mean, of course I've had ultrasounds, Carolyn kicks and tumbles around like crazy, I've bought little outfits for her, a crib, etc.. But that sentence, something about the fact that in 5 weeks she could come without any drama... Wow!!!

As if I needed further tangible proof to drive the reality home, we bought diapers today. Wow.. Diapers for a little bum.... Diapers which I will change.. After feeding my daughter... I'm having a baby... Wow....

1 comment:

Jen said...

Awww.. that's awesome. Believe be.. I imagined you in the delivery room once you told me about the 30 weeks earlier this week. Delivery has always been the scariest part for me... but if it makes this nausea go away.. I'll take it. (not too early though) Blahhh.
I have a feeling you'll so such the rockin' momma delivering your little cutie-pie. So brave.. so strong.
When are you having a baby shower? Have you even considered one yet? Do you need help planning & doing all that stuff? I know a certain preggo who would be happy to overcome her nausea to help. Please let me know!